Christmas on campus

Dalton Hahn, Staff Writer

Presents, Santa, and an opportunity to change someone’s life are things one might find during Christmas on Campus. Christmas on Campus is one of the traditions at the school, and both students and faculty are working to make this years just as memorable.
Christmas on Campus allows students to buddy-up with a child and spend Christmas at the school for a day. Different clubs set up rooms with games and food that both students and buddies can enjoy. Freshman English teacher, Bridgette Bowers is one of the main people running the event.

“The goal of Christmas on Campus is just for people to come in and just kind of celebrate and forget about stress whether it’s with the students, teachers, or buddies,” Bowers said. “Also we just want people, both buddies, and guys, in the Christmas spirit.”

Christmas on Campus not only helps the buddies but helps the students reach out and perform service. It is a time where students can focusing on giving someone else the perfect Christmas.

“I think anytime guys can step outside themselves and get to learn more about the larger community and interact with people they usually don’t interact with is a good thing,” Bowers said. “It always boosts morale just having everyone here. Its an event that people at De Smet buy into.”

There will be activities the students can take their buddies to, and there will be also food. Presents will be opened, and even Santa will be there. Cookie decorating, ice cream making, and movies are a few activities buddies will be able to partake in.

“Friday, December first is where we set up after school. We already have 45 people signed up for that which is awesome, and Saturday the second is the event,” Bowers said. “We have a lot of buddies but we could still use a few more.”