De Smet Jesuit Hires New Vice President of Advancement

Press Release

President Corey Quinn announced today that Bill Rebholz, former CEO of Southern Illinois Medical Development Corporation and a De Smet Jesuit graduate (’77), has been named Vice President of Advancement at De Smet Jesuit High School, effective January 18.

Rebholz spent the last 10 years at Southern Illinois Medical Development  in Waterloo, IL, where he served as CEO. Before that, he worked as the Area President of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in St. Louis. He is also a retired lieutenant colonel, United States Marine Corps.

Rebholz earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame, a master’s in business administration from Washington University and a master’s in theology from Aquinas Institute of Theology.

President Corey Quinn commented, “Bill brings us strong leadership and relationship building skills from his experience as a CEO, discipline from his time as a U.S Marine, and a deep love for the Catholic Church and Jesuit education. We are so fortunate that he is choosing to share his talents with us.”

Bill Rebholz said, “When I look back on the things that most influenced my life, next to my parents, my education at De Smet Jesuit is in the top three. It’s where I fell in love with learning and experienced the importance of service. De Smet Jesuit provides a wonderful environment for young men to discover who they are and what’s important to them. More than ever, this school is particularly relevant in helping young men become good citizens, effective leaders and selfless husbands and fathers in a culture that will benefit from embracing these values.”

Founded in 1967, De Smet Jesuit High School is a Catholic, college preparatory community whose members work together to build a challenging, academic environment set in the context of the life and spirit of Jesus Christ. Students learn and live the values of St. Ignatius by becoming intellectually competent, open to growth, developing into leaders, religious, loving and committed to doing justice in generous service to the people of God.  The nearly 750 students live their motto: “Men for Others.”