Junior and senior dances set

The+De+Smet+Class+of+2021+has+their+senior+prom+in+the+Emerson+parking+lot+on+May+8%2C+2021.+The+Junior+Ring+and+Senior+Prom+dates+have+been+set+for+this+year.+

Jacob Lorimier

The De Smet Class of 2021 has their senior prom in the Emerson parking lot on May 8, 2021. The Junior Ring and Senior Prom dates have been set for this year.

Nick Abel '22, Editor-in-Chief

Tickets are now available for the junior ring dance and senior prom. They can be purchased at the ticket box office on De Smet’s website, both events are priced at $125 per couple or $65 for a single ticket.

“We are coming to a very energized time for the school with the upcoming dances,” Student Council (StuCo) moderator Alex Hall said. “We can give the seniors and the juniors the chance to go dancing, have fun, have a nice event that they haven’t gotten to have at De Smet in a long time.”

Senior Prom will take place on May 6, at the Majorette in Maplewood, from 6 pm to 10 pm. All students must arrive no later than 6:30 and cannot leave any earlier than 9:45 pm. 

“I am really excited for the final get-together as the senior class,” senior StuCo member Cole Grothoff said. “It’s our last act as student leaders so to put it on and see it go well would be a great experience.”

On April 29 the junior ring dance goes from 7-11 p.m. at the Sheraton Chalet in Westport.

“I’m really excited for the junior ring day because it signifies our class becoming the leaders of our school,” junior StuCo member Luke Burns said. “It’s a great chance to have a whole day of fun that the whole class can take part in.”

These events serve as send-offs for the year and look to provide a fun event for both classes.

“It’s just awesome to see the guys have fun in different ways,” Hall said. “It’s a celebration for the seniors to wrap up high school and for the juniors to step up and become leaders in the school so I am excited for what’s to come.”