Spartanfest dance is back

Inter-State Studios

Students dance the night away at the Spartanfest Dance Oct. 12, 2019. For the first time in two years, students will once again get the opportunity to participate in a fall semi-formal dance.

The return of the Spartanfest dance comes on Oct 9, from 7:00 pm to 10:00pm and culminates a week of fun and games to create school spirit and camaraderie.

I’m just pumped to see the whole school together having fun again,” Student Council (StuCo) director Mike Russo said. “It’s basically as close to normal as we get today and that’s exciting.”

Dances like these are the big things people remember when they look back on their high school experience, especially at De Smet.

— Senior Jacob Fahland

The dance will be held partially outside on the patio by the cafeteria, where StuCo plans to set up western theme decorations and a dance floor to create a unique atmosphere for this year’s dance.

“The dance is always a great way to end the week,” Senior StuCo member Jacob Fahland said. “Dances like these are the big things people remember when they look back on their high school experience, especially at De Smet.”

Tickets for the dance will be $30 per couple and will go on sale in the next week.

The dance will follow Spartanfest week that is packed full of events including dress down themes, house activities, and a spike ball tournament. The events will take place before school, during advisory, and after school.

“Spartanfest at its essence is dedicated to building brotherhood and community, with different events and fun activities,” Russo said. “I think Spartanfest is awesome because anybody who wants to get involved and do something, can do it and everyone will take part in the week and hopefully the dance as well.”