Disney

Frozen 2 released to theaters on Nov. 22, 2019.

Frozen 2

Let It Go” was the song known by all and sung by all in 2013. Frozen was an instant success and parents, children, and teens all watched the movie and all knew the songs. When Frozen 2 was announced, nearly six years later, anticipation grew for the two famous sisters of Arendelle.

Frozen 2 is set directly after the events of Frozen, with Elsa as queen and Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven living all in the castle. However, things do not appear as peaceful as they seem. In their childhood, their father gave warnings of the Enchanted Forest and the spirits that dwell there. Now, with Elsa as queen, these spirits come to life and it is up to Anna and Elsa to find out the truth of the past and calm the spirits of the Enchanted Forest.

The actors of Frozen 2 did an amazing job, not only in acting but brought back the great singing of the first Frozen. Idina Menzel, who plays Elsa, wonderfully portrays a nervous Elsa. She rightfully displays a character of a nervous Queen who is sure she will wreck the kingdom but has to be sure in her decisions. Not only in voice acting, but in singing she shows the growth of this character beautifully. Olaf, played by Josh Gad, again plays the comic relief for an oftentimes serious plotline. In this movie, he evolves from just a goofy character to a character who is goofy but sneaks in life lessons. Whether it is teaching kids that life changes or that you have adapt to life he teaches the audience about the struggles of life in a fun and goofy way.

Sequels are never as good as the original, or so the saying goes, and in this case it is somewhat true. Frozen 2 in many ways fails to live up to the original. The plotline was drawn out and in many ways mirrored the last movie’s plot. The songs, something that Disney movies often rely on, weren’t as good and although they related the theme of the movie, they just weren’t good and I cannot see anyone singing along to these songs. Despite the shortcomings, there were many upsides. This movie did a great job tying the past movie into it. This felt like a new movie while also tying the past plot into the plot of this movie while introducing new ideas and characters. On top of this, I also feel like this movie answered a lot of questions I still held at the end of the first movie about Elsa and the past of Arendelle.

I would recommend this movie to anyone who loved the first movie. At a PG rating, whether you are a kid, teen, or adult (no one is to judge) this movie is truly for everyone and is another Disney holiday classic. Overall I enjoyed the movie and the nostalgia that it brought with it and I hope that families and friends of all ages go see this movie this holiday season.

The Mirror • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Mirror Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *