Notre Dame commit receives All-American threads

A celebration for Senior WR Jordan Johnson’s All-American Bowl selection

John Hawkey

Senior wide receiver Jordan Johnson receives his All-American Bowl jersey with head coach Robert Steeples. The Notre Dame recruit is one of two Missouri players to get invited to the Jan. 4 all-star game.

Jack Venneman, Web Editor

Senior WR Jordan Johnson received his honorary All-American Bowl jersey on Oct. 29 in the theater.

The five star Notre Dame commit was one of two Missouri athletes selected to play in the annual East vs. West All-American Bowl matchup on Saturday, Jan. 4, in the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.

“I am very honored and blessed to be one of the 100 players selected,” Johnson said. “I’m very grateful for this opportunity and I am going to take full advantage.”

The bowl itself ranks high up in NBC as it is in the midst of the NHL and the English Premier League. Players like Andrew Luck, Ezekiel Elliott, and Odell Beckham Jr. have all participated in the game.

A press conference was held in the theater, a celebration of Jordan’s success at the high school level. Head Football Coach Robert Steeples gave remarks on Jordan’s work ethic.

“Jordan told me he wanted to go to a place where he could prove a lot of doubters wrong,” Steeples said. “He was set up with his teammates and coaches that wanted to do the same thing.”

The Bowl will be nationally televised, live on NBC at 12:00 PM ET, and will feature the nation’s best high school football players.