Jesuit Excellence Tour to visit Tuesday

Brennan Dolnick

These 15 Jesuit universities will be visiting school Tuesday Sept. 18.

Brennan Dolnick, Editor-in-Chief

The Jesuit Excellence Tour (JET) will be visiting Sept. 18 from 11:45-12:45. The tour will feature 15 different Jesuit colleges from around the country.

JET has been traveling from high school to high school across the United States spending a couple hours at each school talking about their colleges. They will be giving out information about Jesuit schools such as (Creighton, Fairfield University, Fordham University, John Carroll University, Loyola University Chicago, Loyola University New Orleans, Marquette University, Regis University, Rockhurst University, Saint Joseph’s University, Saint Louis University, Santa Clara University, Spring Hill College, University of Detroit Mercy, and Xavier University).

“Students need to think about what colleges they want to go to and to learn about those schools have to offer,” college counselor David Boland said. “This is a chance for students to speak to college representatives and to get recognized by the schools.”

By meeting with college representatives students can get on colleges mailing list so they can receive the necessary information to help them apply for schools. It’s also an opportunity for students to find out which colleges have the particular classes and programs they like and want to pursue.

“They can look in a book, they can go online, they can even visit the school,” Boland said. “But to speak with someone who has the direct knowledge about that school; that’s pretty valuable.”

Boland encourages that all students attend this event, especially juniors. He believes that now is the time that juniors must start looking into where they want to continue their education.

“Most students here have at least have 1 or 2 Jesuit schools on their list,” Boland said. “Meeting with the college representatives of the schools you want to go to is a step in the right direction for anyone trying to be accepted into their first choice universities.”