Michael Sei

With the winter season ending, the spring season starts along with a whole bunch of sports.

Spring sports preview

Golf

Spencer Caldwell, Staff Writer

The Varsity golf team, coached by Dan Lykos, is led by senior Kevin Wahle, who is committed to the Division One school, Creighton University and finished 11th in state playoffs last year. The Varsity team has high hopes for this upcoming golf season, hoping to make it to the State Championship. The team has six returning seniors with high ambitions. The season starts March 27 with the Bantle Memorial...

Ultimate Frisbee

Dalton Hahn, Staff Writer

The Ultimate Frisbee team has a dominate history at De Smet and does not plan of slowing down. The team is looking for its eleventh consecutive state championship. The team is coached by Howard Place and Peter Lenzini and have year-round practices to help condition the team for its dominate performances in the St. Louis area. Ultimate is returning seven seniors who will lead the team on and off the...

Water Polo

Chris Bateman, Staff Writer

The water polo team are looking to change a few things up this season, but mostly sticking to what they did last year. Last season, their record was 22-11, which resulted in a trip to the quarterfinals. This season, the team is looking to make a deep playoff run, and possibly make it to state. There are five new freshman and two new transfer students coming in this season. The three captains this year,...

Baseball

Timothy Chiapel, Staff Writer

Head baseball coach Dave Stewart really pushes for the players to get in the weight room and add muscle mass in this offseason. This year he has started a timed workout program called “diesel.” The upperclassmen becoming role models for the underclassmen is a very big idea for Stewart. Desmet will be returning 14 seniors this upcoming season. Grant Jenkins wants to bring the fire that the spartans...

Volleyball

Daniel Hennessey, Staff Writer

Varsity volleyball coach Tim Haffner will have a new coaching staff including the return of theology teacher John Hawkey. Last year the team had a record of 5-13. The team suffered seven player injuries throughout the course of that season with at one point four player injuries at the same time. Coach Haffner thinks they have guys on the team who are eager to prove that last year wasn’t a representative...

In-Line Hockey

Jordan Johnson, Staff Writer

This year Desmet inline season starts during the 1st week of March. In the previous season Desmet went to the division 1 championship. Their goal is to make it back to the D1 championship and win. They know their goal and they are expected to achieve it this upcoming season. They will have the struggle of finding another goalie, because the last goalie they had graduated. Head Coach Jonathan Moss and...

Lacrosse

Cameron Range, Staff Writer

After another MCC championship and a solid year in net, junior Dylan Radke is ready to take the field again. Radke has been on varsity since freshman year and now has become one of the leaders on the lacrosse team. Coming off last year when they had sixteen seniors graduate, Dylan thinks it’s going to be hard to find someone to step up, he thinks it’s going to take all the senior and junior class...

Track and field

Nick Einig, Web Editor

The senior veterans will be leading and defending their Sectional win in the 4x100m relay and improving their 4x800m relay in this years upcoming Track season. The bar has been raised and a tradition has been established. The track team now has an expectation they will need to achieve in order to keep that tradition. Head coach, Michael Russo is excited to see the returning seniors leading the lowerclassmen...

The Mirror • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Mirror Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *