The Mirror

Upcoming Games

The Mirror

The Mirror

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Dart King

Math teacher helps students take aim at the game
Will Timmons ’24
Mr. Likos practices darts in his classroom.

He’s a jack of all trades. He teaches math, coaches and plays golf, but most uniquely, he’s a dart player.

He started playing darts at a young age but started to play regularly about six or seven years ago, and he hasn’t stopped since.

“It’s something to do,” Math teacher and dart club moderator Daniel Likos said. “It’s something you can do alone, and it’s the same every time.”

He has dart boards in his classroom and encourages students to play.

“It’s something other than math to talk about,” Likos said. “Anytime you can find something in common that is not necessarily education-related, is a good way to connect.”

Of all his hidden talents, darts are not his favorite. He enjoys golf more, as he is the coach of the school team and plays for fun.

“It’s harder and it’s outdoors,” Likos said. “There’s more than just the act of hitting the golf ball.”

The dart club started up three years ago and it currently has six members.

“We’re lowkey, but there’s always kids and parents around,” Likos said. “Anything that you can do, that gets you off your phone.”

The club does not compete in any tournaments or events but still serves as a great distraction from ordinary life and a great way to improve.

“Dart club, to me, is just a time to have competitive fun with friends and challenge each other,” Braden Tillett 26’ said. “I have started to play darts outside of school with my family.”

Although he is a math teacher, he is a mentor in darts as well.

“He gives me small pieces of advice to help me improve my game,” Tillitt said. “When I play him it is always a good challenge.”

The club meets in room 318.

“I hope to see the dart club continue to grow over the next few years,” Likos said.