The Mirror

Upcoming Games

The Mirror

The Mirror

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Senior finishes 7th in national semi-final fishing tournament

Kevin Berns
Danny Swallow ’24 will compete inThe Bass Federation (TBF) District 7 National Semi-Finals in Kansas Sept. 30-Oct.1. He qualified for the tournament by winning the TBF SAF State Championship last April.

Update: Senior Danny Swallow sat in 5th place after Day 1 of The Bass Federation (TBF) District 7 National Semi-Finals at Wilson Lake in Russell, Kansas last Saturday with a two-fish total of 4.14 pounds. He moved to 7th after not catching anything on a windy day 2, fallling short of advancing to the TBF Federation National Championship. He took 4th place for the largest bass of the co-anglers.

Previous story:Danny Swallow ‘24 will compete in The Bass Federation (TBF) District 7 National Semi-Finals for Missouri and Kansas from Sept. 30 to Oct. 1 at Wilson Lake in Russell, Kansas.

“I’m super excited,” Swallow said. “I gotta definitely do a lot of research and find out some interesting spots that I can maybe hit.”

Swallow will be fishing as a co-angler on a boat with a professional.

“I’m excited to be on a professional boat for the weekend and learn some tips and tricks from him,” Swallow said. “And I’m just excited overall.”

Swallow qualified to fish in the tournament when he and Mitch Geiser ‘23 won the TBF Student Angler Federation State championship last April.

If Danny wins he will advance to the TBF Federation National Championship in the spring.

“I never thought [fishing] would go anything higher than just like a hobby, but it quickly turned into something that I’m doing every weekend,” Swallow said. “A lot of kids want to get involved and I’m excited to help lead them.”

View Comments (1)