The Mirror

Upcoming Games

The Mirror

The Mirror

Football kicks off season against Kirkwood

Daveion Devres
Defensive end Caleb Redd runs onto the field before the Vianney game Sept. 16, 2022. Redd led St. Louis with 21 sacks last year and is the defensive leader this year.

After last year’s state semifinal appearance, the football team looks to top that with new additions to the offense and defense.

New junior starting quarterback Dillon Duff will lead the offense. He is listed as a three-star on 247sports and holds offers from Indiana, Miami of Ohio, Kent State, and Minnesota.

The other side of the ball will be led by standout senior defensive end Caleb Redd. Redd holds 18 major D1 offers and is committed to SEC school Kentucky. St. Louis Post Dispatch ranked Redd the 5th best player in the area after his state-leading 21 sacks last year.

The football team is ranked 4th overall by St. Louis Post dispatch coming into this season. The team will face four of the top ten ranked teams in the St. Louis area.

The Spartans have also named Mike Phillips, Ashton Phillips, Mason Skornia, Caleb Redd, and Dillon Duff as the new captains. Leading receiver Mason Skornia is returning for his senior season. Last season Skornia had 235 receiving yards and two touchdowns earning him a D1 offer from Lindenwood University. 

They open the season at Kirkwood Aug. 25.