A hectic kind of busy

March 28, 2019

courtesy of Cathy Gardner

Jack’s dad, sister, brother and his friend support Jack at the Paint it Pink basketball game.

The diagnosis didn’t just put a strain on Jack but also his family. Having to run Jack to and from appointments, working their day jobs, making dinner, making sure jack gets his medicine and tending to anything else Jack needs, makes for little rest.

“One thing about this is that you’re very busy, there’s a lot of coming and going with appointments and everything,” Jack’s dad Dozier said. “It’s hectic because we can’t be [at home] a lot we both wanna be with him at his doctor appointment at his chemotherapy.”

Along with being busier than normal Jack’s parents have worries of their own. 

“We’re scared that the chemo would cause some other cancer in the future and the fear that he’s going to have radiation because that can cause problems in the future,” Cathy said.

courtesy of Cathy Gardner
Jack dyed his hair just for kicks because he knows he will lose it.

“We’re also worried about his academics because he missed so much school and trying to move onto college.”

Jack knew he was going to lose his hair, so to make the best out of it he bleached his hair before it went away. He tries to smile and laugh throughout each day no matter the circumstances he is in.

“He’s always had the attitude that ‘alright here’s a bump in my road going to have to get over this’, it’s only been a few times where he’s been mad,” Cathy said. “But his attitude with this has been amazing and I think that comes from his friends and all of us here knowing we can beat this.”

The Mirror • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Mirror Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *