Olive + Oak: 216 W Lockwood Ave, Webster Groves

May 10, 2023

Colby Quinn '24

Olive and Oak on Lockwood Ave.

Nestled in the bustling downtown Webster is one of St. Louis County’s most decadent restaurants. Subway tiles encapsulate the prestigious dining room where excited conversation floats above, held down only by the 20-foot ceilings. Modern accents dash across the room, where blue, white, and brown paint an elegant picture.

Even still, the dress code is as relaxed as Grandpa in his favorite chair. An experience alone is the atmosphere, and the cuisine is fortuitous. Still, your taste buds will thank you afterward.

Before the time to order arrives, bread via Union Loafers is served fresher than clothes pulled out of the dryer (although we can’t recommend eating clothes), and, trust me, order the chicken wings to appetize. Once the time comes to divert the snacking away from delicious bread and butter, Olive and Oak supplies an entree menu from heaven. A lamb sandwich that will take you to euphoria, and a burger crafted by angels, who pull the ingredients from the most serene farm the mind could imagine. These two sandwiches, I admit, are as deep as I’ve gone into the menu. They are that good. And once you have finished your feast, wash it down with the memory foam-soft coconut cake, which transports your taste buds to cloud nine. 

The Mirror • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Mirror Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *