Seniors selected as finalists for Annual Catholic Appeal video contest

Michael Sei and David Goodwillie

Patrick McHugh, Entertainment Editor

Seniors Michael Sei and David Goodwillie have been selected as finalists for the 2017 Annual Catholic Appeal (ACA) High School Video Contest. Catholic Schools around St. Louis were given the opportunity to create a video that promotes the ACA.

“It’s surreal, seeing the progression from last year’s video to this year’s,” Sei said. “The biggest thing is getting affirmation from someone else outside of our school community who acknowledges that we did something well.”

They will attend the ACA Kickoff Dinner, along with the finalists on April 2. Those in attendance will have the opportunity to watch the finalists’ videos and vote on the winner, who will receive a $5,000 grant for their school. The other two finalists will receive $2,500 for their school.

“I think it says a lot about the school, considering how far we have managed to come in two years,” Sei said. “Being able to put two videos out this year and have one of them chosen shows the determination that we have.”

Sei and Goodwillie worked on their project as a part of the publications department’s Digital Media class.

“Digital Media not only taught me how to get my videos to this quality but also helped me grow as a content creator,” Sei said. “We critique each other, but it all comes out of love and all of us really want each other to do better. That is one of the greatest things about what we do.”