For high school dating

Patrick McHugh, Entertainment Editor

High School can be a very stressful time and many students already have enough on their plates. With sports, grades and college applications, many wonder why would they ever want to add onto that workload. But, a girlfriend can open a guy’s eyes to new things, as well as give some experience in a relationship that will be helpful in the future.

Having a girlfriend can offer a different perspective on the high school experience. Many guys in relationships are thankful that their girlfriends have gotten them to try new things. Getting pushed outside of one’s comfort zone can lead to creating memories that will last a lifetime. Being in a relationship leads to meeting new people that a person can share those memories with. So, don’t risk missing out on what could potentially be some of the best high school memories.

At an all-boys school, students don’t interact with girls as much as they would at a co-ed school. There is little opportunity to actually talk to girls, and a good number of people need the practice. No matter where anyone goes to college, they are going to have to. Even if they are not in it for the long run, the experience is bound to be helpful in the future. With a girlfriend in high school, a person can learn the dos and do not’s of being in a relationship.

While some may argue that having a girlfriend costs money, so does everything else. Having friends in general costs money, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t worth it. Having a girlfriend can cost money and can be stressful but, it can also provide a great opportunity to get to know the opposite sex and offer new opportunities for a more complete high school experience.